As a business owner did you know that 53% of website traffic comes from the search engine organic search results? Compared to only 15% of traffic that comes from paid search traffic; with this huge amount of traffic coming from the search engine results pages (SERPs) you will see how important it is to have an effective search engine optimization (SEO) strategy.
Although, website traffic increase is not the only goal of running an SEO strategy, with an effective SEO strategy you can as well increase your business leads and paying customers plus SEO support different digital marketing strategies to increase your conversions and brand market share.
For example, when you mix your SEO strategy with paid ads, you can retarget potential customers who come to your website through your SEO efforts with paid ads. This means that you are leveraging the PPC campaign to help you move your potential customers through your sales funnel, rather than forcing them to make a purchase in their first contact with you.
Another help of SEO to your business is that it will help you reduce the amount of money you spend on your pay-per-click (PPC) campaign and customer acquisition cost by increasing your website ranking in the search engine results pages (SERPs). If your website ranks high on page one for your target customer’s keyword, you don’t need to care about spending money to rank that keyword in the search engine.
You really don’t need to pay for your target customers to click on your ad keywords when you can earn organic traffic from the keyword through your SEO efforts.
Search engine optimization (SEO) brand value is far greater than pay-per-click (PPC) value. With an effective and great SEO strategy, you will increase your business market value and brand awareness by making it become visible to your target customers every time they type keywords that are related to your business on the google search engine.
For you to show up and become visible on google search engine results pages (SERPs), you must first offer solutions to your potential customer’s search engine queries through your website contents and anything that will help them solve their problem. And if they can’t solve the problems their self they will contact you to help them out since you have shown them you are knowledgeable about how to solve their problems through your website contents.
An inbound marketing strategy like this put you ahead of your competitors when you start building it early. Although, it will take time before you start seeing results. SEO takes six months before you will begin to see results if you just want to start it.
Because it takes more than 3 months before results start showing, some companies ignore the numerous benefits they could get from SEO, but a business that wants to succeed should not ignore an SEO campaign. The reason is that your target customers will trust you if they found you organically through the search engines than if you appear to them through paid advertisement.
This trust they have in you and the quality content they found on your website will make it easy for them to buy from you and if your products or service is good they will refer you to their loved ones.
Three Organic Ways You Can Increase Your Website Traffic
1. Publish one blog post per week.
There are many content marketers and SEO experts online who will like to see their content marketing and SEO plan to you. In their plan, they will help you publish between 2 to five blog posts every week while you spend a lot of money for them to do for you.
It doesn’t necessarily have to be like that if you don’t have enough capital to hire a professional content marketer or SEO expert. Instead, you can start by yourself by publishing just one piece of blog post a week.
Here is how you can go about it:
- Gather most frequently asked questions of your customers or you can ask them what questions they had before or after buying if you don’t already have these handy.
- Make a list of those questions. Then provide the answers to them through your website blog posts that you write every week.
- You should also go to search on Quora, Reddit, and Google to see how your business competitors are answering your potential audience and how those audiences are responding.
- After that, you can record your answer on the phone like you are answering your customers at the moment
- After you are done recording, you will jot down everything you have recorded.
- Then start to edit what you have jotted down and make the necessary adjustment and you can also add more details to it.
- When you are done, you should publish it on your website blog page.
- If you already have a list of email subscribers, you can also send the article to them via newsletters.
- Do the same thing again the following week.
It is good to invest in marketing professionals who can handle it better for you but not every business is big enough to hire an SEO expert.
Backlinks are what give your website credibility in the eye of the search engine. If your website is new, there is a possibility that you will not have a backlink, and this makes your website look like spam in the eye of the Google search engine.
This is the reason why some people love to buy existing domains when launching their business. The active years of your website and the quality of your web content will also determine the quality of backlinks it will acquire.
Acquiring backlinks from high authority websites will increase your website’s position in the google search engine results pages (SERPs), but getting quality backlinks from high authority websites is not an easy task.
You don’t need to be afraid, as a rookie there are a few ways you can build your own backlink profile. They are stated below;
- Responding to relevant questions from your target customers on Reddit, Quora, etc. Give your potential customers free advice on the problems that they have, and add a link in your answers back to those articles on your website.
- Answer the most important problems that your customers are facing in videos and post them on your YouTube channel. Then you will add your website link to your YouTube video description directing people to visit your website to learn more about your business. YouTube is the world’s second largest search engine, and it generates huge traffic to your website if done effectively.
- Post regularly on your social media channels. If you have a large number of social media followers, you should be consistent in your posting and you should also start sharing your blog posts with links to visit your website in the description. Directing your followers from your profile to your website is not only good for your sales, but it also has a huge benefit for your website because social media websites have a high domain ranking.
These opportunities are low-end opportunities, and they will likely not make a huge difference to your business immediately, but with consistency, these backlinks will add up to your business growth by putting you in an excellent SEO position than doing nothing.
3. Hire a freelancer SEO expert.
Your company might not have enough capital to hire an SEO agency for full-time SEO work because of their high price of operation. Many digital marketing agencies start their SEO project for $10,000 a month.
But you might not be able to spend more than $1,500 a month to hire an SEO expert that will take care of all your SEO strategies.
Below are a few of the services your SEO expert can offer you:
- Keyword research: keyword research is the important thing to do before writing content that will attract your potential customers to your website. Keyword research is what will be used to build a stronger content strategy around the articles that you publish on your website. The keywords will be a mixture of short-tail keywords and long-tail keywords.
- Backlink profile building: Beyond those low-hanging opportunities that I listed above, SEO experts often have an existing relationship with many website owners to help acquire quality backlinks faster.
- Website audit: A key part of SEO and the very first thing to do before any SEO activity can be carried out on a website is a website audit. An SEO expert will audit your website to know if there is any issue that needed to be fixed in your website. Part of the SEO audit is checking your website UX design, website speed, technical issues, 404 errors, Tags, number of backlinks, and so on.
SEO will provide your business with many great opportunities. Apart from increasing your website traffic, you can increase your business sales, conversions, and market value. It might take a long (6 months) before SEO starts seeing results, yet ignoring SEO is a big mistake for any business that wants growth.
As an SEO expert, you can hire me for an effective SEO strategy that will increase the growth of your business.
Every owner of a law firm loves to know the secret of how they can get customers to patronize them from the internet, but the fact is that knowing how to get customers online is not a secret, it starts from the foundation. Without a solid marketing foundation, even the most effective marketing strategy will…
Search engine marketing (SEM) is an online advertising marketing strategy that is used to increase website visibility and sales in the search engine results pages (SERPs) Search engine marketing (SEM) can also be referred to as pay-per-click (PPC) advertisement as it allows you to pay for an ad spot on Google search engine results pages…
Email marketing is a cost-effective online advertising method that is used to nurture business leads. Email marketing offers companies the help of building direct relationships, and communication with acquired leads, and provides them with the necessary information that will convert them into paying customers. There are more than enough types of email marketing you can…
The best option for sending personalized messages is email automation. Email automation workflows make it easy for you to send personalized offers to online shoppers at the appropriate time which will have a positive impact on the revenue of your business. Email marketing has a lot of potentials that cannot be ignored; it has a…
2020 has been a year of a bit rollercoaster for most business owners. With the unprecedented global covid -19 and the new delta variant pandemic that affected the world’s economy, the solution for many businesses has become unclear. During the period of this pandemic outbreak, the world has relied on technology to enable us to…
Digital marketing which is also known as internet marketing is a cost-effective marketing method that uses various digital channels to reach your customers anywhere they are on the web. It is considered to be a more targeted, measurable, and interactive marketing method than traditional marketing. Do you have any digital marketing strategy to grow your…